I’ve recently discovered a new to me natural, customized skincare brand – Astoria Naturals.
You might be wondering how you can customize your skin care. Astoria Naturals website
allows you to select the product you want: body moisturizer, body wash or face lotion.
Then choose the size you want, the scent you want, or none at all. Astoria currently offers 20
natural scents, made with organic oils. I just noticed they’ve added Fall scents since I ordered. There are 5 fall blends, like Orange, Cinnamon, Clove and Vanilla. Sounds like a perfect cozy fall and winter fragrance!
Once you’ve chosen your scent, you can add a cosmetic skin boost. The available additions are:
Extra Moisturizing – Beta-Glucan
Firmness – Hydrolized Wheat Protein
Healing – Chamomile Flower extract
Radiance & Glow – Bilberry Extract, Sugar Cane, Orange, Lemon and Sugar Maple extracts
The product bases are full of good for your skin ingredients already, but allowing you to add additional ingredients that will benefit your skins needs, is brilliant.
Once you’ve chosen your product size, fragrance and skin care boost you place your order. Each Astoria Naturals order is made fresh, to your specifications. I received my body wash and lotion in less than a week, and was advised to let the products settle a few days before using.
I chose the 8oz Body Wash fragranced with a Summer Scent of Jasmine, Rose and Grapefruit. I chose two skin care boosts, calming and extra moisturizing. The shower gel is a thin consistency, like most SLS products are. For this reason, I’d recommend a body pouf or washcloth. The scent is soft and sweet, just what I hoped for! The wash is a great cleanser, rinses easily and doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry or stripped.
I also ordered an 8oz Body Lotion with Vanilla fragrance. It’s more of a neutral vanilla bean scent, as opposed to a sweet and foody vanilla extract. I added extra moisture and radiance & glow to my lotion. This is a great aloe and shea butter based lotion. It’s not too thick and heavy, but does moisturize my dry skin adequately.
Astoria Naturals also offers Facial Lotion, which I haven’t tried. This contains honey, so it’s not vegan. The Body Wash and Lotion are vegan. The 8oz sizes I have are priced at $13, which I find to be extremely reasonable for a custom-made good for your body skin care item!
Astoria Naturals has strict standards for their products.
– All ingredients must meet our strict guidelines:
– No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
– No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
– No animal testing
– No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
– All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
– All essential oils used must be steam-distilled or extracted with C02 and not extracted with propylene glycol – which kills the effect of the oils
– All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled – which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
– All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the skin
– All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted) whenever possible
– All ingredients must be bio-degradable when possible
– Fair-Trade ingredients must be used when possible