Jaya with Redken Color Rebel in Red-y to Rock and Punked Up Pink
Redken Color Rebel is my go-to product for adding a temporary colorful streak to my hair, or my daughter’s hair, shown above. The no mess applicator makes it easier than traditional spray or cream colors. The Color Rebel has a sponge tip applicator that you glide over the hair to apply the color. It’s easy to comb the color to spread it on the area you’d like colored. It dries quickly, and we didn’t have any flaking or smudging. Redken says it lasts 2 shampoos, but it lasted 4 in my daughters hair. It did lighten after washing, but it was still noticeable.
How it works - the technical stuff!
Using makeup technology with direct color pigments, Color Rebel deposits a very fine colored micro-coating on the surface of the hair, making it resistant against water and mechanical aggressors, such as brushing, blowdrying or flatironing. The hydrophobic nature of its micro-coating limits modification or transfer due to water. Water slides along the surface of the hair fibers coated by Color Rebel.
• Pearlescent pigments create multi-dimensional iridescent color effects
• Water-based ink allows for easy flow through the sponge applicator and dries quickly
• Polymer duo limits the transfer of color and coats each hair individually without clumping
• Clay allows the polymer duo to disperse in water for a fluid application and ultra-thin coating
HOW TO USE
You can use Color Rebel to achieve the look you want in just a few easy steps.
1. Prime the product by shaking well and twisting the cap in the direction of the arrows until the tip is saturated.
2. Apply Color Rebel to clean or day-after hair by gently pulling sections taut and applying in a smooth sweeping motion. Start with a light layer – you can always add more to build color intensity.
3. Simply let hair air dry or blowdry for faster results. Keep combing or brushing to a minimum after applying as this will break up the color pigments.
For a more subtle effect, dispense just a drop of product on the sponge tip applicator and use longer sweeping motions to apply the color in one thin layer to a smaller section of hair. Gently comb or brush each section to break up the color pigments.
COLOR REBEL SHADES
• Red-y to Rock: True red
• Rebel Without a Coral: Punchy coral
• Punked Up Pink: Fuchsia pink
• Purple Riot: Bright purple
• Gilty as Charged: Gold Shimmer
READY TO REMOVE?
Color Rebel washes out after two shampoos, but if you want to remove instantly, you can do so in two easy ways. Simply wash hair with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream or apply a drop of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine or All Soft Argan-6 Multicare Oil to the area where you would like to remove the color and rub the hair between your fingers until the color pigment dissolves.